Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of quotation and payment of deposit will be taken as acceptance of the following terms and conditions. Please ensure you have read and fully understand what is written below. Please contact us if anything is not clear to you.
1) All quotes provided are valid for thirty days from the date of the quotation.
2) The costs provided when quoting are guide prices based upon what we anticipate the creative, time and production requirements to be based on previous experience and on typical processes, plus client co-operation in provision of content, meeting deadlines and approval. Within reason, additional charges may be payable if there are significant variations to this, although the client would be made aware of this well in advance. Charges are unlikely to deviate from those quoted unless requirements change significantly.
3) No creative or development work will commence until the agency has received written approval of the quotation and a minimum deposit of 50% of the agreed costs has been paid. This ensures that the agency is fully equipped to provide the very highest levels of service and expertise, from project inception through to completion. This also applies if a project is delivered in ‘stages’, whereby a deposit will be required before proceeding to each new stage.
4) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the balance of payment will be due in full on project completion (e.g. on delivery of printed items). Failure to make final payment at this point may result in delays in project delivery.
5) If a quotation has been provided where a job will be approached in ‘stages’, each stage will need to be paid in full on completion of each stage, before the agency is able to progress to the next stage. Where a job has been quoted in two halves (initial 50% deposit and final 50% balance) the balance of payment may be charged in full either on completion of the project or over a number of further staged payments at the discretion of the agency.
6) If any project exceeds the estimated timescale agreed the agency reserves the right to add additional charges to the original quotation.
7) Any printing or third-party services that are provided by the agency will require a minimum up-front payment of 50% (possibly higher in relation to value) of the agreed cost (this figure will be at the discretion of the agency and may in some cases be as much as 100%). Please note that the agency will be unable to proceed to this stage without receipt of or proof of this payment.
8) Unless otherwise stated above or previously agreed in writing, all invoices are due within 30 days of any invoice date. Please note points number 3, 4, 5 and 7 above and how this could have an impact on timescales.
9) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, work will usually commence within 7 working days of deposit receipt. Any anticipated completion date provided by the agency is subject to options chosen and client co-operation in provision of information, resource (logos, images, etc.) and approval. The agency will do its very best to ensure that agreed timescales are adhered to, but please be aware that circumstances, amends requested, or additional requirements may potentially result in delays. Timescales provided are estimated but the agency will not be held liable if the project over-runs due to delays caused by the client passing information or approval, or any third-party issues or force majeure (act of God).
10) Costs provided allow for a maximum of two creative options per brief for the client to choose from. In the unlikely event that the client is not satisfied with the first round of presented work, the agency will develop a further round of additional creative development and presentation. If after this third round there is still no agreement on direction, the agency reserves the right to potentially bring to an end any agreement with the client with no refund of deposit or payments made previously. Alternatively, the agency will carry out the work until the client is happy, however these amends will incur additional charges, although the client would be made aware of this in advance.
11) At the end of each stage of the process (before sending an item to print) the client will need to ‘sign-off’ their approval by email. No further development can be undertaken until the agency is in receipt of written approval confirmation. Any amends to work after signed approved may incur additional charges for further time spent, although the client would be made aware of this in advance.
12) Costs provided allow for occasional meetings at key stages for a reasonable length of time between the agency and client. Some meetings may incur additional charges for time spent, although the client would be made aware of this in advance.
13) Unless otherwise specified, costs quoted exclude the following unless stated: print; commissioned illustration, photography or stock images; image retouching; image scanning; copywriting; postage, in-house colour print-outs and travel; couriers; other third-party costs incurred (such as merchant bank and payment gateway charges) etc.
14) Any work carried out by the agency, regardless of its nature, is chargeable, including any work that is refused or declined by the client.
15) It is assumed that unless otherwise stated, copy and images will be provided by the client, although the agency will contribute to this as a natural part of the creative process. The agency is able to provide a full copywriting service or copy advice, as well as illustration and photography at an additional cost if required. Purchased royalty-free stock images from our standard sources (if required) will generally be priced at between £10 and £25 per image (dependent on source, image size and quality) to cover sourcing time and image costs. Specific image requirements not satisfied by our standard sources will be charged at cost + 20%, with prior client notification.
16) The agency recommends that clients use our preferred suppliers for print and is able to provide competitive quotations to ensure high quality and service is maintained until delivery of the final product. We always seek a number of quotations from our trusted print suppliers and provide a complete management service: from print-sourcing to print-liaision. Although clients are not contract-bound to use the agency to provide this service, it is highly recommended for quality control and peace of mind. If a client prefers to use their own print supplier, the agency will simply provide artwork directly to the client to manage and forward, and will be unable to monitor, advise or take any responsibility for the process or final output.
17) In addition to print suppliers, the agency works closely with sign manufacturers and installers, photographers, illustrators and other relevant partners to provide an extensive
high-quality service offering beyond immediate
18) Clients should be aware that due to a variety of factors there will often be variance in colours shown between in-house proofs, colours on screen, printer’s proofs, and final printed items. These factors are determined by the source of the print or visual (each output source e.g. the agency printer, the client’s printer, the image setter, the monitor etc. will differ from the other), the types of inks or make-up of colours (even Pantone colours can vary significantly and often surprisingly depending on what stock or substrate they are printed on), the type of print process (short-run digital, longer-run litho printing), the substrate (paper, card, plastic etc.) used, individual preferences (ambient light, personal computer settings etc.) and several other reasons. As a result of this the agency is unable to guarantee 100% consistency and accuracy of colour on all items and may not always be able to achieve the exact result expected by the client. In the case of printed items, the only true guide as to what is likely to be produced, is to request a ‘wet-proof’ on the actual intended substrate with the actual inks to be used, although this will incur additional cost. However as long as the client accepts there may be inconsistencies across work produced, this step may not be necessary. The agency does not accept any responsibility for colour variations as a result of these indeterminate factors.
19) Until payment is received in full, all designs, artwork and rights to design and artwork (whether in digital or printed format) remain the intellectual property of Let’s Make Something Beautiful. This agreement is subject to appropriate credit and acknowledgment appearing and the agency’s right to use the work for self promotion in its portfolio, in presentations, in advertising, in print and online.
20) Let’s Make Something Beautiful will never knowingly infringe any copyright or trademark and will deliver, to the best of knowledge, creative solutions that are original and unique to the agency. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that no copyright or trademark has been infringed and to make their own application for copyright or trademark with the ‘UK Intellectual Property Office’ if required.
21) If requested, the agency will (at its discretion) provide the client with end-artwork in its final form (e.g. print-ready PDF; outlined EPS file etc.). However the agency does not by default (and possibly without further charge) provide clients with original artwork (for example an InDesign file or layered Photoshop file) or any working or development files, rejected concepts and designs, images or documents generated throughout the project. Ownership and copyright of all unused or rejected files, documents and designs will reside with Let’s Make Something Beautiful for non-exclusive future use.
22) The agency will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for our personal benefit or divulge, disclose or communicate in any manner any information that is proprietary to the client. We will act reasonably to protect such information and treat it as strictly confidential.
23) The client agrees to indemnify Let’s Make Something Beautiful and keep the agency indemnified and hold the agency harmless from and against any claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses suffered or incurred in relation to work or services provided. The agency is not liable for any loss that may occur before, during or after the development of projects undertaken. The agency will not be held responsible for any delays, errors or losses arising from any third-party.
24) The client agrees to alert the agency in writing to any defects or problems in relation to work and services provided, within 30 days of the final invoice date. The agency will not be liable for any claims made after this period.
25) Appropriate credit and acknowledgment for work produced by the agency should be attributed to Let’s Make Something Beautiful where possible (for instance written in small text on the back of a printed item or at the bottom of a website) and may be referenced for the agency’s promotional purposes unless otherwise (in exceptional circumstances) prearranged with the client.
26) The client will be notified by email if an invoice is overdue. This is normally 30 days after the invoice date, unless discussed with the agency beforehand. Late payments fees are as follows: Up to 30 days - 5%, up to 60 days - 10%, up to 90 days - 20%.
27) The agency regularly make client visits for consultationst the cost of the client. The agency will travel up to 20 miles free of charge. Extra mileage will be chargeable to the client at £1 per mile.
28) Printing, if required, will not go ahead without writen approval from the client. Proof reading is solely the responsibility of the client and the agency cannot accept any responsibility for any errors after approval is recieved.
29) These terms and conditions of business supersede any previous versions and apply to all present and future projects unless otherwise agreed in writing. Let’s Make Something Beautiful reserves the right to change or modify these terms at any stage with immediate effect. By agreeing to these terms, your statutory rights are not affected.
Refunds and Shipping Policy
Unfortunately, unless an item is faulty, we cannot offer a refund. We can however offer a credit note. Credit notes must be used within 3 months from date given.
To be eligible for a credit note, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Postage and packaging is not refunded for returned items.
Proof of postage is strongly advised for standard delivery - we cannot refund items that we have not received.
To complete your credit note, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Once your item is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your original method of payment, within 30 days.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 5 Craven Court, High Street, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 1DG.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. We cannot refund items that we have not received. Always check the address and use proof of postage when using standard delivery and include a return address.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over £50, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Items not received by customers will be eligible for a refund after investigation by the postal service and confirmation of lost items. The investigation may take up to 30 days. Let’s Make Something Beautiful will refund after the 30 days if the item has been lost or undelivered by the postal service or we will offer a replacement.
Shipping can take up to 20 working/business days from the notification that your item has been sent. If your item has not arrived, please get in touch so we can send tracking information.
We use MyHermes or Royal Mail International Shipping in partnership with each country's National Postal service. All orders will have a trackable number which you should also use on your local postal service website to track your order.
Let’s Make Something Beautiful is not responsible for any customs or duties charges administered by the recipient country. All customers must pay their own customs/duty charges where requested.
We are unable to pay for shipping costs of returns.
It is the customers responsibility to ensure that the address is correct and recognised by the country of delivery. Let’s Make Something Beautiful cannot be responsible for items lost or returned through customs regulations or items returned due to an undeliverable address. Shipping costs will not be refunded where an item is returned because the address provided by the customer is incorrect, not recognised or undeliverable.